The No. 1 easy to use, safe, high performance wash in cleaner for wet weather clothing and equipment.
Cleans effectively, reviving breathability and water repellancy.
Breathable waterproof garments are most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer fabric absorbs water, the garment can lose up to 70% of its breathability. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) on the outer fabric of your jacket must be maintained to ensure comfort. It will eventually wear off and need to be renewed with Nikwax TX.Direct®.
How It Works:
Nikwax Tech Wash® is the market leader; it has been specifically designed and optimized for breathable waterproof fabrics. Nikwax Tech Wash® is a highly effective cleaner. Additionally it will revitalize existing Durable Water Repellency (DWR) and revive breathability. It is the safe way to thoroughly clean your waterproof clothing and equipment. Application in a washing machine is quick, easy, and ensures that the whole garment is thoroughly cleaned.
How to Use It:
Use undiluted Tech Wash® and a sponge, or soft nylon brush, to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use detergents.
Top Loading Machine Wash:
1. Place maximum 6 garments in washing machine.
2. After the machine has filled, 5floz/150ml for 1-3 garments, 8floz/250ml for 4-6 garments. Add an additional 50ml for hard water* areas.
3. Set cycle to Heavy and Warm. 1-3 items: low water level, 4-6 items: medium water level.
Front Loading Machine Wash:
1. Remove all detergent from detergent dispenser.
2. Place maximum of 2 garments in washing machine.
3. Add 3floz/100ml of Tech Wash®. Add an additional 50ml for hard water* areas.
4. Set cycle to Synthetics and Warm (30oC).
* If you have calcium and mineral deposits in your washing machine you have hard water.