It sure is nice to bring along a few creature comforts even when you're headed way out there. Helix Backcountry is a compact, lightweight lantern which puts out a bright beam that’s easy on the eyes - perfect for around camp or in your tent. Helix Backcountry has a unique control surface that is free of buttons, yet gives access to a 150 lumen white mode, dimmable to 30 lumens, as well as a dimmable red mode for low profile use. The expanding globe and folding legs help Helix Backcountry to shine over a wide area. The lantern design also incorporates several hanging options.
- Power: 150 lumens
- Lamp: Maxbright White LED, Ultrabright Red LED
- Burn Time: Max Bright White High - 8 hours, Max Bright White Low - 24 hours, High Red - 12 hours, Low Red - 32 hours
- Weight: 155 grams (5.47 oz)
- IPX6 Water resistance: Quick dunkings and some precipitation
- Batteries: 3 AAA Alkaline (included)
- Warranty: 5 years
- HEATSINK TECHNOLOGY - Princeton Tec has developed proprietary ultralight heatsinks to protect LED products from overheating. Even though LEDs operate at much lower temperatures than traditional incandescent bulbs, they still generate heat. If this heat is not dissipated, the LED will suffer irreversible damage. By using heatsinks, Princeton Tec lights can burn at extreme brightness levels for long periods of time. The heatsink may be incorporated internally or externally depending on the product and its application.
- LED OPTIC COLLIMATOR - A collimator gathers all available light from an LED in the form of scattered rays and re-emits the light as parallel rays, making it more optically efficient than a standard reflector. Princeton Tec calibrates each collimator to the type of LED and application of each light. With proprietary optimized collimator / lens systems, Princeton Tec continues to advance LED technology.